Sunday, June 29, 2008
My name is Nicole Dohm. I am a stay at home mom of a darling 3 year old boy. I make Tear Bears and sell them on EBay. When I first started making Tear Bears it was hard to find out the right information. My Mom and I did a lot of research and trial and error to figure it out. So I decided to start blogging about the Tear Bears I make and give free information on how to make them, what supplies you need, and where to buy them. You can contact me anytime by email if you have any questions.
Instructions on How To Make A Tear Bear
1. Trace your pattern with a pencil or gel pen on the smooth side
of the mulberry paper.
2. Cut your pieces apart with scissors
4. Hold your pattern piece on the inside between your thumb and index
finger close to the trace line. It give you better control when you tear.
5. Tear out each piece then let them dry completely.
6. Place your pieces on your work area with the rough side up.
7. Glue your bear together is this order:
* Ears on back of head
* Muzzle on face
* Eyes above muzzle
* Nose on muzzle
* Glue arms and legs on in the position of your choice.
(It is always a good idea to try positioning your bear in different
poses before gluing it together. It also helps you get a better
idea of where to apply the glue.
* After your body is finished you can glue on the head.
8. Give your bear a little time to dry.
9. Add highlights.
10. Fluff your bear using a toothbrush. Move brush in a circular motion.
This is the way I make tear bears and simply meant as a guideline.
If there is something I need to explain better please let me know and
I will make necessary changes. Thank you.
There is a list of supplies to your left!